$10K Sign-on Bonus - Registered Nurse II - Hematology/Oncology - 8hr Day Shift
Beverly Hills, California
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
- Full-time & Per-Diem
- Level: Mid – Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse III ends this path
Registered Nurse IV ends this path
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # HRC0728318
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
As a Clinical Nurse II, you will deliver direct care to assigned to adult and or geriatric patients in an ambulatory setting. Nursing care is delivered using standards of care by following approved policies and procedures.
You will work in generally clean environment, but may have exposure to chemotherapy-contaminated waste, and infectious materials including blood, body fluids and possible communicable diseases. Work environment may require the use of protective barriers, such as gowns, gloves, masks and goggles/protective face shield to ensure protection when dealing with contaminated waste.
- Access ports, PICCs and central lines
- Triage patient phone calls
- Coordinate complex oncology care
- Venipuncture and injections
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to coordinate care
- Patient care can involve meeting the patient and interacting with family both in the ambulatory setting as well as the Cedars-Sinai Cancer Center.
- Monitor for side effects of oncology treatment;
- Provide a resource for clinical oncological support as well as help with coordinating comprehensive care for an oncology patient in a state-of-the-art oncology center
- Patient education for pre and post chemotherapy
- Managing a patient list to ensure that the timing for chemotherapy treatment is followed through in its entirety.
- Partnering with physicians and management to develop and streamline policies and procedures for process improvement in all operational areas.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of California required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Oncology Certified Nurse OCN desired, but not required.
- IV therapy certification
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as an RN required
- Oncology nursing experience preferred, but not required
- Competency in intravenous skills and vascular access device management required
- Knowledge of EMR systems and Beacon preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to mentor staff required
- Working Title: $10K Sign-on Bonus - Registered Nurse II - Hematology/Oncology - 8hr Day Shift
- Department: Hematology/Oncology
- Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
- City: Beverly Hills
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Hear From Our People
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”– Kimako D., since 2016
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Sign on Bonus
$3,000 Nurse Referral Bonus