- Search Jobs
Choose Your Area Of Interest
Postdoctoral Scientist (Genetic and Genomic Analysis)Requisition # 28318 Apply Now
The Center is currently conducting large scale whole genome sequencing projects to identify the functional role of both germline and somatic mutation in ovarian cancer, with a specific focus on the role of non-coding mutations. We are looking for a Postdoctoral scientist to join the Center for Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics to investigate the genetics and regulatory genomics of ovarian cancer. The ideal candidate we are searching for will have training in genetic and genomic analysis methods that include RNA-Seq, WGS and other next generation sequencing based assays. The position requires a good understanding of computational approaches, including experience in R, LINUX and programming languages (ie. Python) needed to analyze large scale datasets. A solid understanding of the biology and genetics underlying gene regulation and genetic variation is strongly preferred but not required.
The appointed postdoctoral fellow will work with a project scientist to perform genetic epidemiology studies (GWAS, sequencing studies), analyze whole genome sequencing datasets and functional genomic datasets to identify functional risk variants for the downstream experimental pipeline. The appointee should feel comfortable working both independently and within in a multi-disciplinary team comprising senior and junior post-doctoral scientists, research technicians, clinical fellows and graduate students.
The successful candidate will be expected to conduct research (both directed and independent) under the direction of Dr. Gayther and Dr. Berman, submit and publish papers and posters, and make oral presentations. This post-holder must be well organized and be able to demonstrate writing and presentation skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To perform epidemiology studies (GWAS, sequencing studies)
• Analyze whole genome sequencing datasets and functional genomic datasets to identify functional risk variants for the downstream experimental pipeline
• Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team comprising of senior and junior post-doctoral scientists, research technicians, clinical fellows, and graduate students
• Submit and publish papers
• Submit abstracts to conferences
• Oral presentations
• Be well organized and demonstrate excellent writing and presentation skills
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities
• PhD in Computational Biology or related field
• Experience in genetic and genomic analysis methods that include RNA-Seq, WGS and other next generation sequencing based assays.
• Experience with R, LINUX and programming languages (Python) needed to analyze large scale datasets
• Solid understanding of the biology and geneits underlying gene regulation and genetic variation is strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand, and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist (Genetic and Genomic Analysis)
- Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0801094 - Home Dept-Fine
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Research/Research Admin
- Job Specialty: Postdoc/Research Fellows
- Position Type: Regular-F/T
- Shift Length: 8hr
- Hours: 8am - 5pm
- Days: Monday - Friday
- Shift Type: Day
- Weekends: As Needed
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map