Registered Nurse IV - General Medical - 7SE - 12-Hour Nights
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters – improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible – for yourself and for others.
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassionate 10
- Detail-oriented 9
- Positive 8
- Adaptable 7
- Communicator 5
- Good Listener 7
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
- Team Player
“I am a proud member of the Cedars-Sinai team…Cedars holds their employees in the highest regard offering bonus’, continuing education reimbursement, and much more to promote career advancement. I have been an employee for 10+ years and I love it!”
– Kathryn G., since 2007
“I truly love what I do and I love being an employee and steward of Cedars-Sinai. I am here because Cedars-Sinai’s mission and goals align with my own personal values as an RN. I appreciate and value that all of the leadership (especially Sr. leadership) values each and every employee, that it is the frontline staff that truly makes the difference and how our patients are cared for on a day to day basis.”
– Kimako D., since 2016
“I have been an oncology nurse for over 30 years. Cedars-Sinai offers the most up-to-date therapies available, so I get to learn every day.”
– Ann S., since 2014
“One reason I enjoy being nurse leader at Cedars-Sinai is because there is support to reach your full potential and working at the top of your scope is encouraged. It is a great place to be innovative and to inspire!”
– Courtnay C., since 2015
Discover all the ways Cedars-Sinai appreciates your efforts.
When we hire your referrals, you could earn $3000 or more for positions requiring an RN license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
ResponsibilitiesRequisition # 19003591
Do you inspire to make a difference every single day?
A true leader aims to inspire—and at Cedars-Sinai, that’s exactly what our nurse leaders do. They have a strong combination of clinical skills, management abilities and integrity, and as a result, they play an indispensable role in the success of our organization. We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
7SE is our 31-bed General Medical unit, the only Medical/Surgical unit that can take an insulin drip and, has telemetry capacity as well. Nurses working in this fast-paced unit require excellent partnership and a commitment to excellence every single day. If it is your goal to work in an environment of high accountability striving for excellence, this is the place for you!
As a Registered Nurse IV in the 7SE Medical-Surgical Care unit you will assume the responsibility and accountability for the supervision and application of the nursing process throughout the delivery of patient care.
- You are an expert clinician who demonstrates a high standard of knowledge and expertise in a specialty as well as general nursing.
- You will consistently demonstrate excellence in all areas of nursing practice including nursing care delivery, staff education, research, and collaboration.
- You will manage complex, unpredictable patient care situations and are a nursing leader.
- You will serve as a resource to the nursing staff, the unit, the organization, and the community to promote the advancement of nursing.
- You will apply clinical knowledge regarding standard of care to consolidate interventions for time and cost savings.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements in patient assignment making delegations of tasks, documentation and oversee care for the delivery team.
- You will demonstrate a dedication of customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and health care colleagues.
- You will demonstrate leadership through initiative, creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus. See our website for details: http://careers.cedars-sinai.edu/working-here/employee-referrals/
- BSN or higher required.
- California State RN License
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification.
- National Specialty Certification (i.e. CMSRN)
- Minimum of 5 years acute RN experience including 3 years experience in specialty area preferred
- Meets specialty specific clinical competencies for assigned area
- Has maintained satisfactory Clinical Nurse III status for a minimum of one (1) year
- Meets clinical criteria and protocol of Clinical Nurse IV
- Working Title: Registered Nurse IV - General Medical - 7SE - 12-Hour Nights
- Department: Med/Surg Care 7SE
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 12 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.Apply Now
About Our Location
Los Angeles, CaliforniaView Map