Principal Investigator, Costas Anastassiou, PhD is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
The Anastassiou Laboratory studies how the molecular and cellular composition of neurons translates to their phenotype and how these properties combine in brain circuits to produce function or, in the case of disease, dysfunction.
The Anastassiou Lab has a broad background in multimodal cellular data (electrophysiology, anatomy, transcriptomics) and the development of state-of-the-art computational workflows (statistical learning, optimization and simulation) to understand cellular activity in behavior and disease. Uniquely, this work includes human brain tissue, both as a byproduct from surgery as well as from model systems such as human pluripotent stem cells. The Anastassiou Lab successfully pursues collaborations with clinicians to translate cellular and circuit findings to gain a better understanding of diseases such as epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease, as well as development of improved therapies.
To learn more about Dr. Anastassiou’s research, please visit: Anastassiou Research Lab | Cedars-Sinai
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Anastassiou team employs multi-modal single-cell investigations in human circuits to understand cortical function and dysfunction as occurring in diseases like epilepsy. Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation on the team of Costas Anastassiou, PhD,in the Department of Neurosurgery , the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in Computational Neuroscience, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Bioengineering, or related field, required.
Experience and Skillset:
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Experience with parallel computing is a plus as well as familiarity with high-level programming languages such as Python or Matlab.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Anastassiou Lab
- Department: Home Dept-Black
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply NowApply Later